2023 Ambassador Grant Program
The goal of the Forward Janesville Ambassador Grant Program is to support and advance the educational, cultural, and economic interests of the community in which we work and live with a commitment to:
1. Develop leadership with a dynamic and innovative vision of the future,
2. Link the business community in partnerships with educational, governmental, and non-profit organizations, and
3. Serve as a vehicle for research, planning, and community education to anticipate and communicate the challenges of the future.
ELIGIBILITY: When making grant decisions, we give preference to organizations that:
- Are a current Forward Janesville member business in good standing (application name must match Forward Janesville business directory name)
- Are well-managed and use their resources effectively
- Make a significant contribution to the economic vitality of Rock County
- Deliver services directly to those who need them
- Are a 501(c)3 non-profit charitable organization
- Are not a grant recipient from the previous 2 years
The FJI Ambassador Grant Program generally excludes: individuals; private foundations; "flow-through” organizations (groups that re-grant to other groups or causes); labor organizations (when serving only their own membership); religious organizations (for sectarian programs); capital projects and campaigns; endowments; general operating expenses; loans or loan guarantees; special occasion, goodwill advertising; multi-year commitments; political or lobbying activities; emergency financial assistance created by a lapse of public support; and organizations that practice discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or cognitive disabilities
- The FJI Ambassador Grant Program has a maximum grant level of $1,500.
- Grants may range from $500-$1,500.
- Budget and financial statements may be requested before a final decision is made.
- Grant awards each year are dependent on program funding.
- Grant applicants may be asked to present their grant proposal to the FJI Grant Committee
- The grant recipient(s) will be selected by the FJI Grant Committee with final approval by FJI management.
- Award recipient(s) will be notified in February 2023.
- Please limit responses to 500 words or less. Applicants may attach one marketing piece.
- The FJI Grant Committee may ask the grant recipient for a report on the program/project funded.
DEADLINE: Grant applications for 2023 will be accepted until Wednesday, February 15 at 5 pm.
CLICK HERE FOR THE 2023 GRANT PROGRAM APPLICATION.