Marketing & Communications (MarComm) Specialist
What we do:
Forward Janesville leads private sector economic and community development efforts to ensure the continued health and prosperity of business and industry in Janesville and Rock County.
Our Value Statement:
We know thriving businesses and communities don't happen without hard work. Every day we deploy our team, ideas and resources to help our members and community become stronger, together.
What you’ll do:
We are seeking a creative, customer-minded individual who has an aesthetic eye and a way with words. Working with a small staff and diverse teams of volunteers, this individual will create dynamic visuals and engaging text that enhance and elevate materials ranging from websites, social media, and e-newsletters to announcements, membership perks, branding and marketing, sponsorship packages, events, and occasional grant proposal submissions.
In addition, this position will be responsible for internal office communications and visitor services, ensuring the office operation is top notch. Understanding we are a member-service oriented organization, this position would support our member needs by participating in meet & greets and events.
This full-time position will work under the direction of the Director of Operations, while working collaboratively to support other FJ staff. This position occasionally interacts with a diverse array of engaged board members, ambassadors, government relations council members, and of course, our members. Professional development and performance excellence is a key component of FJ work culture so that you can grow your career.
Degree and area of specialization:
Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Graphic Design, English, Journalism, Communications, or other applicable but related field.
What it takes:
- 1-2 years of professional experience in a marketing/communications environment, summer internships included
- Graphic design skills, in addition to writing and editing skills using publishing software and MS Office (required)
- A proven ability to work collaboratively to create engaging copy and graphics. The ideal candidate will possess a high level of organization, flexibility, a collaborative, can-do attitude, the ability to accept constructive feedback, and a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical, organizational, project management and time management skills
- History of success working both independently and as a member of a cross-functional team on multiple concurrent projects
- Experience in fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people is required
- Valid, current driver's license upon hire
What would add to the ideal candidate?
- Experience with website management
- Social media campaign management
Full-time, M-F typically 8a-5p with some occasional evening events
Medical/dental/vision, life insurance, long-term & short-term disability insurance, retirement plan
How to Apply:
We seek to fill this position as soon as possible. Submit both your Cover Letter and resume to Accounting@ForwardJanesville.com. No phone/email inquiries please. Include the following required information in your 1-page Cover Letter:
- Year(s) of experience related to this job description
- Desired salary range
- Why you are applying for this position
- What makes you an ideal candidate